An "Ear Worm" and a sweet coincidence.



 A couple of days ago I was beset by an Ear Worm which would not go away.

You probably know it.  Based on a Neapolitan melody, it is sung in many languages throughout Europe.

Here it is in German


https://youtu.be/2owrymHigK4


You know it of course as  "My Hat it Hath Three Corners".

Every Christmas we'd sing it as a party game at the Westminster, MA home of my dear (and now departed) friends Al and Doris Williams. They were parishioners at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Fitchburg MA.  We had a special bond 'cause Al, Doris and I hailed from Bristol, U.K. 

I am blessed to remain in touch with their younger son Keith.  He lives in Cary N.C, with Annette his wife.  (I officiated at their wedding).

The Ear Worm would not go away. It droned through my mind even as I drove home from an afternoon visit at Arlington Park with Mr. Z.

Once home I picked up my phone to call Keith and Annette.

Guess what.  Keith had 'phoned me just two minutes before I got home. We do not chat every other week;  just now and then.

What God-incidence/ Mystical Universal message system/ terrestrial coincidence was at work so that Keith and Annette were thinking of me, and I of them at about the same time on the same day?

Who knows?  Who cares?  We were simply delighted to be taking with each other.. what 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"