My Friend and Former Curate (Assistant Minister) is Proud of Me! (Guess Why?)

The Revd. Manny Faria served with me at St. Stephen's Parish in Pittsfield, MA before  (in 2000) he moved to St. Peter's Church in Beverly MA where he served for twenty two stellar years as their Rector, retiring at the end of 2021.

When we worked together Manny once said that I was quirky!  I liked and I like that. Why be ordinary!

We got on very well, but Manny despaired of my timid approach to food.  For example there was a short lived French owned sandwich shop not far from the Church building.

The bread was first class, but I, timid as ever, always opted for a "safe" filling. 

Manny would often have a roasted vegetable sandwich. As he drooled I rolled my eyes.

Twenty two years after Manny and I served together I am beginning to un-quirk myself, at least in the food department.  Manny is tickled pink that I have joined the ranks of "Foodies".


FOR INSTANCE 1


Rabbit Tacos at Sarasota's superb restaurant "Melange" (1568 Main St.)  Chef/Owner Lan is sure to delight your palate with her superb creations.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR INSTANCE 2

Tortillas at "Artisan Cheese " 550 Central Avenue, Sarasota.



TACOS (2 Tortillas) Roasted Worden Farm Carrots, Melted Jasper Hill Cheeses, Cabbage Slaw with Homestead Broccoli Leaves, Meagan’s Pickled Carrots, Fermentilicous Mystic Mustard Kraut, Curry Carrot Aioli, Lemon Parsley Carrot Top Gremolata, Lesbos Feta

So incredibly good!

https://www.artisancheesecompany.com

Their selection of (almost) world wide artisanal cheeses is non pariel.

I am especially partial to the (California made) HUMBOLDT FOG CHEVRE.

You'll never want to eat  "American Cheese" slices (except perhaps on Burgers) 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"