Sing Us One Of The Songs Of Zion PART ONE

PSALM 137   "Sing us one of the songs of Zion".

I often sing one of the songs of my Zion as we walk out.




Here we are, Sunday 31st May, at the Bobby Jones Golf Course. Photo' by my neighbour Barbara B.

As Z and I walk out I often sing:


"I'm walking with Zion,
Beautiful, beautiful Zion.
I'm walking onward with Zion,
The beautiful canine from God"

This of course is my version of the chorus of a hymn by Isaac Watts: "Come Ye That Love The Lord".

Watts' hymn might have perished had not a 19th Century composer (probably Robert Lowry) set it to a new tune, with a rollicking and utterly singable chorus. 

Even "God's chosen frozen children" in the Episcopal Church sing it with glee, thanks to our additional hymnal "Lift ev'ry Voice and Sing".

Massachusetts Episcopalians will recall with joy our now departed Bishop Barbara Harris as she belted it out!

Here is the best version I could find on line.



https://youtu.be/TJ_C_tHbHh8


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"