They say that cats are unsociable.

"They" say that cats are unsociable, but who are "they"?
 
"They" are jealous and possessive dogs, who spread this ugly canard for their own self-centered reasons.
 
Yesterday I reclined on my recliner (as one does). 
 
Junior cat Ada jumped up onto the table next to me chair.  She stared at me.
 
I patted my thigh.  Ada accepted this invitation. She jumped onto my lap, and then took up  residence with her torso on my belly and her head and front paws on my chest.
 
Penne, whose bed is under the table, observed this, then arose, ready to leave the room.  I sweet-talked her into staying.
 
Senior cat Adelaide watched from her perch on a table at the other end of the room. Then she did what  she often does when she is trying to steal Ada's food.  She shimmied along the perimeter of the room, hoping that I would not see her.  (Excuse the double negative, but I never said that cats were not sly!).
 
Adelaide drew near. I patted the arm of the chair.  She accepted this invitation, jumped up, and settled her self across my thighs.
 
One recliner.  One reclined Povey.  Two purring cats,  happy (it seems) to be resting on my bod.
 
Once again:  Penne, still under the table, observed this, then arose, ready to leave the room.  I sweet-talked her into staying.
 
Cats are sociable. Dogs frequently resent this!  They are the rumour-mongers!.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Ne'er mind. This evening  I cut up some beef into small pieces, ready to marinate for tomorrow's stir fry.  I saved a few bits and broiled them as a (highly unusual) treat for Penne.
 
I tossed them to the ground.  Junior cat Ada tried to steal them.  But my sweet-but-not-perfect Penne was smart enough to take them away to a secret place where she snacked -  safe from thieving cats!
 
 
Ada (l)  Adelaide (r).
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"