A joy filled weekend. My heart is bursting with gratitude.








On Sunday morning 8th April 2018 at 7:30 a.m. I met the estimable Barbara Ford-Coates at Sarasota's Bayfront Park for a walk and a canine meet and greet.

I wanted to meet Barbara and her wonderful dog the Phabulous Phineas. 

Barbara wanted to meet my lovely dog the Zuperb Zion. It was a great encounter.


Phineas and Barbara
I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my dear friend Joe R from Massachusetts.  Joe and I have known each other since 1980. We met by happenstance. He introduced me to his great parents Ray and Irene (both now deceased), and they embraced me into their family.

Joe, his family, and his wife and children became my dear friends, and also friends of my English relatives - a wonderful Anglo-American connection.  We have shared so many joys, and not a few sorrows. 

Joe had a business meeting in Florida so he came a day early to visit with me.

It's been  a wonderful visit. I've been teary eyed with joy. Joe, his wife DeAnne and I have a tender friendship.

Later on Sunday I took Joe to see SRQ neighbourhoods,

We went to Newtown, to Indian Beach, to the Rosemary District (being re-vitalized with horrid new apartments/condos) and to Laurel Park.

Where dear SRQ friends would you take out of State visitors?

In the early evening  I took Joe to visit my beloved Gulf Gate (SRQ) friends Ron and Char.
Char and Ron

Ron with Joe


Later today my dear friend Andy T (former Asst. Rector at St. Boniface SRQ,) (and now Rector of St. David's Church, South Yarmouth, MA) let me know that she was in town.

We met for lunch today at C'est La Vie, with Jake Taylor.







'Twas all a bit much for Zion (he was tuckered out by all these visits) but he was able to smile for Andi




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I am tickled pink, grateful, and enriched by the friendships which enrich my life.

Thank you Barbara, Ron, Char, Andi, Jake   and most especially to Joe R. whose visit brought me such joy (and to his wife Dee  who could not make this visit).
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"