Red Light



No, I did not run a red traffic light.  (About five years ago I ran an orange/amber light  on the way to Church.   I was caught.  The camera did not lie.  I paid a fine of $158.)   So I am utterly cautious at traffic lights.


No, heaven forfend, I have not been in a Red Light District.  I am sometimes bad and sometimes stupid -  but not that bad or that stupid!

Here is my RED LIGHT STORY.



On Monday 16th I asked my trusty barber Patrick to cut my hair as short as he could.

This was to get me ready for  my Dermatological Surgeon's Red Light treatment today.

I have a squamous cell carcinoma on my pate which has resisted liquid nitrogen treatments, the use of the noxious "Carac" cream, and scraping.

The surgeon has been loath to treat it with MOHS surgery 'cause it's quite large  (1" x 3/4" )  so she recommended the Red Light treatment,  in order to shrink the carcinoma to a manageable size before MOHS

I was at her office at 10:00 this morning in order to have  a chemical agent applied to the spot.  ( The picture above is what I looked like after the chemical application).

Then, after the chemical had brooded for three and a half hours,  I was back at the office so that the treated area could be subjected to intense and burning red light. It hurt quite a bit, but the P.A. spritzed my pate with cold water to minimize the burning heat.

I'll have to avoid bright sun from reaching my pate for a day or two, and then wait to see if the carcinoma has indeed shrunk, and made it ready for a bit of MOHS.

All this may seem to be small beer,  except that a dear friend of mine ignored his squamous cell carcinomas, and then ignored the more dangerous basal cell carcinomas which metathesized to his whole body,  and led to his early death.

---------------------------------------------------

Has my brain been fried?  Only you can tell!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"