Three Cheers for Meatloaf.

 


It is said that "the devil makes work for idle hands". I doubt that that is true. Nonetheless, today  I set my hands to making meat loaf.

Diced peppers (orange); diced sweet onion;  ground pork and ground beef;  with my secret ingredient:  locally made chorizo - freed from its casing.

Plus breadcrumbs, eggs, worcestershire sauce, and tomato ketchup etc.

I do not have a mixer, so part of the joy of cooking was to use my hands to squish everything together.

Imagine that.  Using one's hands to dice the peppers and onions; and to use those same hands to blend and squish the meats and everything else! WHAT FUN.  "Hands to food and hearts to G-d"

Better than using an electrical  mixer n'est pas!  And better than creating a meal from a supermarket package.

Note to self.  Get a kitchen brush to apply a brown sugar and ketchup glaze to the top of the meatloaf before cooking it; thus making it look less anemic than is seen above, 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"