Garboesquw

My Brasilian guest, has gone away for the weekend with some of his college friends. These young women and men will be partying on Florida’s east coast.

This morning (January 16th) I said to him, “this will be a welcome mid-term break for both of us”. (He has been here since December 17th)

He is a first class house guest, and I have no complaints. But I am glad for some time alone, and he will be glad to be with his peers as they “party”.

I am relishing the solitude. I decided not to join my other pals at bowling so that I could indulge my “Garboesque” mood.

I did a wee bit of shopping to get some urgently needed new bed sheets. They were on sale at Target for $13.98 - bottom fitted sheet, top sheet, and two pillow cases.

I also laid in some stocks of pickled crispy asparagus. That will be good for nibbling tomorrow before lunch here with my guests; James, Orlando and Ben. I’ve already made a hearty and spicy Black Bean Soup, so lunch will be simple indeed.


This balance between activity and solitude is “right up my alley”. I am fortunate indeed to be able to indulge in this pattern and way of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"