Carpe Diem, sofa, Chair and Box

My pal David F stopped by the house this evening at 5:30 as he needed to borrow my car overnight.

He came in for a drink, and then another, and by 6:30 I decided to feed us with a store-bought frozen pizza which I had in my freezer (in preparation for the apocalypse).

Just then, another pal, Ben M telephoned, and he did not need a second invitation to join us.

I cut up a big Portobello mushroom which had been hiding in my fridge, and added it to the top of the cheese and pepperoni pizza.

Rummaging deeper into the fridge I found ¾ of a head of (gosh) iceberg lettuce, 2/3 of a cucumber, ½ of a tomato and a green pepper. This all made for an instant salad to go with the pizza.

The three of us feasted on pizza and salad, and reminisced about the old days. In this case we were talking about yesterday when we three had been at Ron and Charlotte Thompson’s home for Fifth of July cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, coleslaw, and potato salad. That had been a fabulous evening with Ron and Char, who are the greatest of people.

During what had been an otherwise quiet day, my pets had each found their place. Penne on my sofa, Adelaide on a chair, and Ada in a box. Here are the pics.












Comments

  1. I think of those meals as "go fish" recipes, where you raid the larder and make do with whatever's around - in your case, the game was played with a bit of creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"