N.T. Wright

N.T Wright of Durham

Bishop Tom Wright of Durham, UK wrote the following


http://www.anglicancommunioninstitute.com/2009/07/rowan%e2%80%99s-reflections-unpacking-the-archbishop%e2%80%99s-statement/

My skeptical mind says thinks that Bishop Wright is saying:

1) The Archbishop is very obscure.


2) I, + Tom Wright, brilliant Bishop of Durham can explain it all.


3) You – un-brilliant lesser clerics and lay people, better believe what I say. Cos I am smart. And you are not smart.

This former Parish Priest ( RetiredPove) has a simple question for Bishop Wright of Durham:

“Did you consult with/ask permission of your supervisors ( ++John of York or ++ Rowan of Canterbury) before you went to press?


As a curate I would not have gone to press without my rector’s permission.


As a rector, I would trust my curates to consult with me before going to press.

So +, Tom of Durham. Did you check with your Primate (++ John of York) before you commented on ++ Rowan’s missive?


Or are you (dare I say it) a "Lone Ranger" in the American tradition?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"