Bismarck. At night - a man after my own (un-redeemed) heart



In his history “Dreadnought”, Robert K. Massie writes the following of (Prince Otto Eduard Leopold von) Bismarck (1 April 1815 – 30 July 1898)

“At night, he slept poorly or not at all. Often, he lay awake until seven a.m., then slept until two p.m.

Lying in bed he mulled over grievances. “I have spent the whole night hating” he said once.

When no immediate object of hatred was available, he ransacked his memory to dredge up wrongs done to him years before”




==============================




Lord above, and to my shame, I have been there too. (jmp)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"