Once in a blue moon

I understand that “blue moon” is what we call the second full moon in a calendar month. So tomorrow’s full moon will be a “blue” moon, and it will be on New Year’s Eve. What fun: “once in a blue moon” on December 31st 2009.

The “almost blue moon” was spectacular tonight as I walked with my dog. It was twilight. The air was crisp. Sister moon shone so brightly in the eastern sky.

Looking west, the sky was golden yellow, with a string of off-white clouds. The trees were in silhouette.

The mallards were already resting at pond-edge. Eight restless muscovy ducks waddled towards us with all due speed, hoping for handouts from the human and canine walkers: - ducks doomed for disappointment.

“G-d’s” creation was indeed beautiful, leaving me to “give thanks to him – the Giver good”.

And yet - I could not but forget that “G-d” is an artist who does not finish her work.

So much of the beauty that I enjoyed was the work of human hands:- the human made pond, the silhouetted roof tops, and the Christmas lights outside many homes. That led me to be deeply grateful for those human endeavors which lead to so much beauty: - paintings, music, fine buildings, gorgeous bridges, and exciting skylines.

“Praise G-d” is often on the tongue of religious believers.

“O.K”, I suppose, “but praise humans too”!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"