Santa, and being nice.

The recorded music which is broadcast at one of the local supermarkets has been telling me since mid-November that “Santa Claus is coming to town”, and that “he knows when you’ve been naughty and he knows when you’ve been nice”.

Santa has not yet arrived, and frankly, I am tired of being nice!

What is it with cats?

My junior cat Adelaide consistently ignores me. But she demands attention the moment I sit down in an armchair to read a book.

On the other hand, my senior cat Ada will seek attention only when, (a) I am trying to nap on the sofa, or (b) when I am enthroned on the toilet.


My next door neighbour is a very angry and hostile woman. I hear her frequently when she is yelling (and cursing) at the mail man, the landscapers, the UPS man, or the trash collectors --- or me. And I mean frequently.

I can hear these angry diatribes from inside my house.

Yesterday it was the turn of her care-giver who had done something wrong, or failed to do something right. My neighbour told the care-giver that she was “stupid”; that she “never listened”; and that it “was her fault”.

This excoriation was launched before that care-giver had gotten out of her vehicle.

I try to believe that my neighbour has a great deal of self hatred which gets projected onto others.

Whether or not that is so, she certainly demands attention.

But I wish that she believed in Santa, and/or chose to be nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"