Beauty

I got up at 3:00 a.m. today to look up into the heavens, and see the total eclipse of the moon.

It was a gorgeous and awesome sight.    The created and evolved universe,  as I experienced it in this eclipse, led me to awe.

My camera was inadequate to the task of photographing what I saw, but that did not matter.


For the enjoyment of  a moment of  beauty is important in and of itself, whether or not it can be encapsulated in a photo', a poem, a painting, a recording, a video, or a narrative.


By 3:15 a.m. I was back in bed, where I slept soundly until 5:15 a.m.

At 6:45 a.m. Penne and I took our early morning two mile walk. By 7:30 a.m. I was able to enjoy a mug of coffee out on my Lanai.    There I enjoyed a more local beauty as I looked out on the pond.  I will never tire of what I am privileged to see every day.  I hope to be ever grateful for this "human-made" glory.






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"