Sleep

Psalm 127:2 says that  "He  (God)  gives sleep to his beloved".

Oh how I wish!   I would love to be able to have better and longer sleep.


But my sleep is most always fitful.  I move in and out of good overnight sleep, ever being awakened by dreams  (funny, fanciful, and fearsome).  

How I wish that I did not dream!


How I wish that I could get at least eight hours of undisturbed sleep.

That wish was at the top of my mind when I finally hit the sack at 10:00 p.m. yesterday  (23rd Jan 2011)  after a day filled with great activity.  

(Regular readers will know that a 10:00 p.m. bedtime is very late for me!)

But I did not get those eight hours of un-interrupted sleep.  For my senior cat Ada decided that 4:30 a.m. today was the perfect time at which to scratch on my bedroom door.  She scratched with great verve and energy.  

She scratched and scratched  so  much that I gave up the idea of sleep and I arose to pet her; to make coffee; and to begin my day.  


O.K. you "writer of Psalm 127".  You may say that God will give his beloved sleep, but my cat Ada decided otherwise.  So there!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"