Two more genuine Church bulletin bloopers

On my penultimate Sunday as Rector of St. Stephen's, Pittsfield, MA the Church bulletin should have announced a farewell event as a "Eucharist and Tea for Seniors and Shut-Ins".

Mirthfully to say the letter "u" in the word "shut" was printed as the letter "i".

.........................................

One of my former colleagues tells me that, back in the days when local newspapers printed every detail about wedding ceremonies, the "Greenfield (MA) Recorder"  wrote that during a particular wedding a soloist sang the Cesar Franck version of the ancient text  "Panis Angelicus"  (Bread of Angels).

Giggle with me will you, as I report my colleague's story  that the newspaper had an "e" in the word "Panis" instead of an "a"

It does not get much better than this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"