Musings on a a cooler day.

The meteorologists called it a “cold front”. It came through South West Florida on Friday.

Having lived most of my life (so far) in more northern climes I thought of it as a “cooler front”.

Early morning temperatures on Saturday and Sunday dropped to 59 F (15 C), and the “heat of the day” reached about 80 F (26 C), each day being sans humidity.

This is wonderful “walking weather”, and I think of it as S.W. Florida climate at its best.

Penne and I walked out mid-morning today. It was balmy and breezy – maybe about 75 F (23 C).

We heard birds singing in the shrubs, bushes and trees.

Butterflies with pale yellow wings danced in the air (often there were two of them, engaging in lovely aerial ballets).

Double-winged insects were swirling all around. They were impossible to identify "on the wings", but perhaps they were "Broad Winged Chasers" (see below)

We heard the cry of a hawk, and the chatter of an osprey.

The pond around which we walked gave off a slightly stale smell, (we’ve not had rain in a few days) - and I was instantly reminded of the smell of the lake in Eastville Park, Bristol – about a mile and a half away from where I grew up. (How wonderful it is that what we smell evokes memories!)

For a moment I was reminded of that old saying: “God is in his heaven, all’s right with the world”.

Fair enough, even though I frequently wonder where (or if) “God is” and I know that all is NOT right with the world.

But it was good to “suspend judgement” about the bigger issues for a few minutes, and to “take time to smell the roses”.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"