Saturday, 12 November 2011

Eleven of life's most important lessons

1.  When you are cooking from a new recipe you discover that you are missing a key ingredient when there’s no time to rush to the store to buy it.

2.  You notice some cobwebs just ten minutes before your guests are due.  You dust furiously.

3.  Twenty minutes after your guests have arrived you notice yet more cobwebs.

4.  Your guests do not notice the cobwebs, but they (silently) wonder what ingredient is missing from the dinner you serve.

5.  When the guests leave they compliment your cooking to excess: -  thus you know that they were not impressed.

6.  It’s after you’ve lugged the vacuum cleaner back to its storage place that you notice the areas you missed.

7.  When you break a glass, cup, or plate you sweep up every little bit.

8.  Except that tiny shards of glass or china hide themselves away, only to emerge three months later. Where do they hide?

9.  You forget 96% of the sermons you’ve ever heard.  Of the remaining 4%, you remember half because they were so dreadful.

10.              Composer Aaron Copeland knew only one melody which he repeated ad infinitum and ad nauseum.

11.              Memory is tricky. Your greatest failures were not as bad as you remember.  Your finest successes were not as fabulous as you once thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment