Rep. Vernon Buchanan insults the voter's intelligence


U.S. Representative Vernon Buchanan (R) of the 13th District of Florida (where I vote) mails glossy and expensive looking brochures to voters within the District about three times a year.  These brochures are mailed at the taxpayer’s expense.


His brochures often include “tear-off” postcards, with questions to which he asks voters to respond, and mail back to his office (at the voter’s expense)

Of course these questions are worded in a very simplistic way.  They are designed to elicit responses which are favourable to Rep. Buchanan’s point of view.

I am not as unintelligent as Rep. Buchanan would suppose. In fact I find that his questions are “loaded”, and disrespectful of my wisdom and knowledge.

Nonetheless I “fill in” and return his postcards.

On the most recent one (see below) I wrote:this

“These matters are far more complicated that can be answered with YES/NO/UNDECIDED. The questions insult my intelligence”.


Are you listening Congressman Buchanan?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"