Drama last night (and a follow up)



PART ONE  

From early morning today: (some have already read this).

Such excitement! I thought that I heard voices outside my bedroom this 3:30 a.m., and then I decided that it must have been a dream.

Heard the (two male) voices again, and I yelled out "hey get away". One man  replied "it's OK, it's the police". I then foolishly said "are you sure?? (I am sure that burglars would have said "yes, we are the police").

Went outside and there were two police cars and an ambulance outside Ed Bellon's house. (three doors away). Not sure what was happening. Oddly enough  Penne did not bark.

 PART TWO 

1)   Turns out that my neighbour Ed Bellon had called for an ambulance because he was enduring excruciating back pain. He was taken off to Doctor’s Hospital (and released later in the day).

2)   I still can’t fathom why Ed’s emergency call necessitated the arrival of two police cruisers, or why said police were walking by my bedroom window (three houses away from Ed’s home) at 3:45 a.m.


3)   Penne did not bark (1)  

Friend Fred Emrich suggests that Penne needs to be given a pep talk. Cousin Kippy Altiini suggests that she needs a hearing test.  

(Oh yeah -  and I’ll have to buy canine hearing aids at a thousand bucks or more?  -- tongue in cheek  to Kippy!)

4)   Penne did not bark(2)  

This is indeed unprecedented – she usually barks at the slightest noise outside (and even when there is a doorbell sound on a T.V. show).

5)   Yes my good Penne has been a bit dilatory in recent days.  She, who normally loves to walk, has been walk resistant for a couple of days. On five occasions yesterday and today we’ve gone outside, only to find that she would walk for no more than 15 yards, take a pee, and then pull me back to the house.

6)   We normally walk for at least 90 minutes each day, but today we had only one long (12 minute) walk.

7)   Oh dear, is she slowing down as a result of age (she may be 10, or perhaps she is 12) - or is this a temporary phase?

PART THREE

1)   I worry too much about the health and welfare of Penne.

2)   It’s good that I never married and shared the raising of children with a spouse or partner.  I’d have been a helicopter parent, or a control freak!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"