Yikes! Some dreadful photo's

My good pal Jeff Davies (Bristol U.K.) has been rooting through his old photo’s and has come up with these “classics”.

There is one of me (taken at his parents’ home?), complete with a jacket  and a pullover, pens in my outside jacket pocket (early nerd), and weird hair cut.  I suppose that I was about 15 years old.

jmp (1959?)


Then there is the “Bristol Gospel Quartette” (yes we used that spelling) – four young and earnest Plymouth Brethren boys who sang a-cappella gospel music in various Gospel Halls, Baptist Chapels, Independent congregations, Methodist Churches and C of E parishes for a period of four to five years beginning in late 1959 or early 1960, We'd been inspired by a “Youth For Christ” international convention in our home city
Bristol Gospel Quartette L- R  Eric Pavey, Richard Woodey, jmp (with acne!), Jeff Davies   Circa 1960























(I am fairly sure that that the convention took place in 1959. One of the questions many of us had for our American visitors was “what will happen if the U.S.A. elects a Roman Catholic President?)

We Quartette members loosely modelled ourselves on the American “Crystal River Quartet”.

The American "Crystal River Quartet"
























I cannot find any of their recordings, but they and we often sang “I once was lost in sin, but Jesus took me in”. The following version is by the Statler Brothers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"