Should Auld Acquaintance be forgot on Siesta Key FL

Judy Beers was the secretary at St. James's, Cambridge, MA when I was the Rector.
 
When I retired to Sarasota she introduced me to her SRQ friends, Ron and Charlotte Thompson.
 
It was a fruitful introduction.  Ron, Charlotte and I delight in each others company.
 
Judy has been visiting them from Wakefield, MA  down here in SRQ.  So I took her out for lunch today at our local "Turtles" Restaurant on Siesta Key.  Despite the chill in the air we sat outside and enjoyed the view of Little Sarasota Bay.   Judy ate "Coconut Crusted Mahi Mahi" , and I had a very good Crab Cake.
 
I wanted to have a photo' of Judy and me.  So as we were leaving I saw a pleasant looking "sixty something" couple at their table,
 
We greeted them, nd I said to the man  "you look to be above average intelligence, so would you be willing to take our photo'".   He  and his wife "got" my humour, and burst into laughter.  He took a great "snap"  (see below). He heeded my request to make it a "head and shoulders" pic.
 
Turns out that he is an Australian (from Melbourne), and that they both now live in Toronto, Canada.  Two fine cities!
 
 
Judy and Michael.  Little Sarasota Bay in the background.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"