Logey

The word conveys the sense of listless or sluggish, (according to the O.E.D.)

I have been logey all day long, so much so that I wanted to re-schedule my date to share Holy Communion  lunch with St. Boniface Parishioner Carl H-K at the assisted living residence which is his home.

I did not do re-schedule, , for who knows:  I may be even more logey tomorrow; then comes Ash Wednesday with its own freight, and on Thursday I am supposed/required to attend a Diocese of South West Florida events for clerics:  -  a communion service, followed by a bun fight (a.k.a. lunch).

In the event Carl and I had a pleasant visit as we shared Communion, and the lunch was (as always) first class.

The logey-ness has persisted. You know all about it: :  -  that feeling of tiredness around the eyes, with weary limbs, and a somewhat dizzy head.

Miss Penne has kept me on my feet  (yes, we've had our usual five walks -  totaling three miles).

Who could resist her "beseeching" and beautiful brown eyes?  NOT I SIR!

I'll be in bed soon after 7:00 p.m. this evening, and yes, I'll do the patriotic American thing by swallowing two "over the counter" sleeping pills.  Gotta keep the economy and "Big Pharma" in good shape. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"