Too much excitement in one day.

It all started early this morning at about 6:30   The little hook shaped anchor which keeps my dental bridge in place somehow hooked it self onto my tongue.  Try as I might I could not dislodge it.  I was crying out loud "ouch, ouch, ouch",  so much so that the dog and the cats got very concerned.

I saw myself en route to the walk in emergency clinic  ( knowing that my Dentist's office does not open until 8:30 ).  But luck, and not good judgment, I pushed the bridge back into place, and lo and behold my tongue was released.  No blood either.

I needed yet more excitement, so   I got round to digging out the pretty "Snow on the Mountain" which stood alongside my car-port.  The "landscapers" who service our condo complex gave it a radical trim about six week ago,  so radical that it died.

There was a strange beauty to it's leafless limbs, but when I noticed that it was creeping with caterpillars, I knew it had to go.

Digging out the tree, and then cutting long roots,  oh such such excitement. (I am easily stimulated!).


Snow on the Mountain  (Not mine - photo' via Google Images)



At about 10:00 a.m.  there was a flurry of activity at my front door. There they were, three EMT's, all ready for action in response to a call about a fall.   

I have most certainly fallen into sin (and sometimes liked it), but I had not fallen down.

They seemed to be a bit disappointed until I told them that the call was most likely for 3901 Glen Oaks Manor Drive, not 3901 Glen Oaks Drive East.

A  prone-to-fall woman of a certain age and a certain weight lives at the "Manor" address and I guessed (correctly) that she had made the call. Thank goodness it was not a life threatening incident, and double thank goodness that it was not 2:00 a.m.

There's more to come.  Mid-afternoon I went to the sink to get water for coffee.  No water.  Soon thereafter we the residents received an e-mail informing us that the contractors who are installing a new fence at the Circus Blvd. end of our complex had dug right through a water main.

That in itself is not exciting, but "boy oh boy"  this will give us something to natter and whine about for days to come.  Therein lies the excitement.

My thirst for excitement and stimulation not yet slated,  I decided to put the frosting/icing on the cake by cutting my toe nails.   Life doesn't get much better than that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"