Those difficult discussions.......

...........  Helpful words via my Jamaica Plain, MA friend Tess P.  (Thanks Tess)




"I read this recently and thought it well worth sharing.:
"I just wanted to share a conversational tactic that has worked for me over many years in responding to passive misogyny, racism, homophobia, etc.. especially useful in the workplace, a simple statement: "You're not talking to somebody who shares those beliefs."
It draws a clear line, is not engaging, argumentative or combative, and can steer the conversation back on track, liberates one from being a passive participant in hate speech."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"