Another day in paradise with my family members from the U.K.

We skipped my  Episcopal Church this morning in favour of attending The Church of the Palms (Presbyterian) here in Sarasota.
The Church of the Palms, Bee Ridge Rd., SRQ







I had hoped to hook up with some dear former St. Boniface friends who now attend C o P, but regretfully that did not happen.

The Pastor at C o P delivered an excellent sermon  -  well in truth it was more of an ovation than a sermon  (in old fashioned Scots Presbyterian style).

He had excellent and biblical material, but sadly we missed some of the finner points since he has the unfortunate habit  (common to all too many preachers)  of dropping his voice at the end of sentences.

( I was more than disappointed that I did not encounter my friends and introduce them to my sister and brother in law).

Nonetheless we were blessed to be there, and to share in a reverent and dignified celebration of Holy Communion.






After a late breakfast at home (eggs and bacon etc) we went this afternoon to Sarasota's Van Wezel Performing Arts Centre for an utterly wonderful concert by the Sarasota Symphony Orchestra under the direction of the superb Anu Tali from Estonia.  Music lovers in SRQ have taken her to heart!

The programme included two ever popular pieces:  Aaron Copeland's "Appalachian Spring" (what a work out for the Flautist!), and Dvorák's Symphony from the New World.

My sister Maureen and I are the two Povey siblings who most enjoy Classical Music, and I was bursting with pride and joy to be seated  next to her as we both luxuriated in this terrific music "in my home town"!

Van Wezel


Anu Tali

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"