Citrus challenged












I had to take my car this morning  to a local Goodyear Service Station for a leaking  tyre to be fixed.

I was certain that the station was located at 401 North Lime St, here in SRQ.

That was the address I gave to me good pal Rick who had agreed to meet me there, and drive me home.

I got to 401 North Lime Street. I twice  drove the length of the street.  There was no sign of a Goodyear Station.

Rick also got to 401 North Lime Street.   He also  twice  drove the length of the street. He found  no sign of a Goodyear Station.

I called Goodyear.   Oh dear, they are at 401 North Lemon St!

In truth I had my "Citrus is a twist".

Rick and I finally hooked up at the correct address from where he drive me home.

Later this morning Goodyear called me. They reported that they'd found a nail in the leaking tyre, and that all four tyres were in poor shape,

I was not surprised since the most recent report I received from Sarasota's wonderful Sam's Auto stated that they were showing signs of wear.

So here I am at the end of the day with:

Gratitude to Rick for meeting me at Goodyear early this morning,

Gratitude also to my neighbour Eddie Green who drove me to Goodyear when the work was done.

More than a few hundred dollars less in my checking/current account.

Embarrassed about my Citrus confusion,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I finally arrived at Goodyear this morning I confessed that I had confused Lime and Lemon streets. 

The service agent responded witb  "It's easy.  Limes are green.  Lemons are yellow.  

 DUH, and giggle 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"