Back to school for jmp

Our local (and "pretty good")  Suncoast Technical College .....



.......   is just the place to attend for those who wish to have careers in Criminal Justice . Firefighting, Health Care, Catering  (cooks and chefs), Early Childhood Education;  or as Plumbers, Electricians and Paramedics  -  and so many other fields.

I am grateful that Sarasota County  (FL)  (via its Schools Department) has decided that public education  does not end at 12th Grade in High School; and that Technical and Community Colleges are (in the broad scheme of things) as important and essential to our common life as are our vaunted and valued so-called "Ivy League" Colleges.


I am also grateful that S.T.C  has not forgotten folks such as I  (old and retired) via an ADULT COMMUNITY ENRICHMENT  Division.

Thus it will be that in May 2017  I plan to take a four week course named "The Amish and their Customs and Traditions".

"Why this course?"  you ask (or I ask for you!!!).

Chiefly because Sarasota, the home of the rich and famous (Stephen King and Jerry Springer anyone?) is also a winter home for many Amish retirees from "up North" .

Here, for transportation ,  they use the Tricycle rather than their  better known Horse and Buggies.


Amish in the Pinecraft area of Sarasota./
 After my four week course next month at S.T.C. I will (necessarily) be your Face Book  expert on "All Things Amish".

I bet that you cannot wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"