When the little things make the world go round

Last Thursday I went to my local 7/11 to get a newspaper and some cigarettes.  The cigs were not for me, but for my friend Bob who is in a memory unit in a retirement community.

I was a dollar short, so started to use my debit card.  The clerk/assistant said  "You don't need to use the card, I'll make up the difference as I go along". I protested but she was firm.

Later in the day I found the missing dollar bill in my pocket.  I went back to the store to hand it over to the young woman who had waited on me.

She smiled and said "I knew you would be back".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday I went to the gym. The man who checked me in had the most delightfully resonant baritone voice.

As I left I told him that he speaking voice was so mellifluous and delightful.  He was grateful.  He told me that five years ago he had been offered a job as a radio announcer on the basis of his gorgeous voice.  He turned the job down, choosing to stick with his chosen career.

But he was so pleased that I cared enough to compliment him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"