Back to normal

Ted Copeland, who has also traveled on QM 2 with Judy Copeland warned me that I would have to come back to reality.

Oh yes!

Today

Three loads

80% junk mail

So much  cat hair on the floors after almost five weeks away.

Next Wednesday.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reality 2


I had a call with Verizon because I believed they had overcharged me for calls made in the U.K.  I could not prove my case (it's all a bit complicated) so I said that if they reduced my bill by $56 or $60 as a goodwill gesture  I would be satisfied.  They agreed to $50. I can live with that.

I tried to be in touch with Great Western Railways (UK) to get a refund for a ticket they had issued for the wrong date.I had not noticed this when I bought the ticket in advance, so I had to pay for another ticket on the train.

The train's ticket collector said that I could get a refund for the unused ticket, but the ticket office in Southampton UK is run by a different rail company, 

The U.K. mailing address for refunds is simply "Freepost GWR", hardly sufficient for a letter from the U.S.A. I  e-mailed GWR to get an address which will work from the U.S.A. 

GWR told me to expect a reply to my inquiry in five days (slower than Amtrak!). 

But the bit is between my teeth, and I will not give up until I get my money back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to be pampered again on the QM2, but then again, I paid for that! 😎😎

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"