The learning curve (and my dog, the Dry Humper)

Izzy did so well last night.  She went to her crate to sleep without protest.  She slept well, and snored loudly.

She walks well, we have been out and about a lot today.

We came across "Shorty" a Scotty Dog who belong to my neighbours.  They had met yesterday without incident.

But today Izzy pinned Shorty to the ground.  Shorty's owner and I pulled the dogs apart. Neither of them were hurt, but as I pulled Izzy back I fell to the ground, bashing my head on the pavement, scraping my elbow, and losing my dignity.

Shorty's owner was very gracious about this.

Note to self: recognise that Izzy sees small animals as prey.  Be utterly careful as you introduce her to Adelaide the cat, and never leave them in the same room when you are out of the house.  (The two beasts have not yet met face to face).

After the incident with Shorty I hastened to buy a harness for Izzy. This helps me to control her better without putting pressure on her neck.

That's the learning curve. But she is otherwise a sweetheart;  full of affection, and amenable to instruction.

She is crazy about the two standard Poodles and the two Black Labs which belong to my friend Rick and John.  We met tonight.  Izzy enjoyed  sniffing  the private parts of Vuitton (a male unfixed Poodle) and Annie (a fixed Black Lab.) As she did so she made those "humping" motions which we associate with Male canines.

She did the same later when I visited my neighbours Jesse and Bill.  They had met Izzy on the street s arwe and wanted to get to know her. Of course she delighted them with her affection. They too have been looking for a rescue dog at HSSC.  They were sorry that I had pipped them to the post in adopting Izzy.  They think that she is fine,

Izzy found a a stuffed animal which had belonged to their dog "Ginger".(Ginger was with them when they moved into Glen Oaks Ridge. She was crazy about my temporarily adopted Greyhound "Ben". Ginger had a huge tunour and had to be euthanised).

Anyway, Izzy found the stuffed toy, and tossed her into the air as if the toy were a captured Squirrel (Catahoula Leopard dogs are hunters). Then Izzy began those humping motions which we associate with male dogs.

So I have a bi-sexual and sex obsessed pooch!


By the way, Catahoulas have webbed feet,  All the better for hunting in marshes.


About her bandanna.  It's courtesy of Subaru  Autos.  They support Humane Societies and pick out certain photogenic? dogs for a gift package. Izzy was one of those. Before I left HSSC our photo' was taken with the Subaru  gift box in plain view.

Perhaps we'll become advertising icons, You never know

Subaru Gift Box

Humane Society website pic.


At home in my kitchen.  She knows how to sit on command.

She found my former dog Penne's Squeaky toy and shredded it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"