In Praise Of



Suncoast Endoscopy on Hawthorne St, Sarasota where I had my Colonoscopy and Endoscopy this morning.





It's a great clinic.  The staff are efficient, friendly and caring.

My surgeon is the best.


Dr. Stephen Kucera.


I was there this morning at 7:00 a.m. (my appointed time), thanks to my good pal and driver Bill Byers.

I was prepped well by clerks, nurses and nurse anesthetists and wheeled in for the procedure at 8:13 a.m. (the time I had been promised),

I like Dr. Kucera., and was cheeky enough to greet him as Stephen.  I ventured that this might be our last encounter since Suncoast Endoscopy and my Health Insurance Company are in dispute.

He responded by saying that he might be on the streets in a few years when his job will have been taken over by Robots.

"Maybe I'll then be directing people to their local pawn shop" were his words.

I replied "How do you spell that word, p-a-w-n or p-o-r-n?"  At which point every one in the room cracked up.

Then I was out of it, thanks to intravenous anesthesia, and woke up a minute later (in truth forty five minutes later) by staff who were encouraging me to fart.  ( What a pleasure, it's an art form for the Povey men!).

In due course Dr. Kucera arrived at my bedside with the good news that the colonoscopy revealed just two small polyps, and the endoscopy showed no signs of Barrett's  Reflux disease. I won't need a re-visit for at least three years.

Staff members fed me crackers and apple juice, and then good ole Bill Byers arrived to drive me home.

In the meantime my ever wonderful dog Izzy basked in the care of neighbours Jesse and Bill (a different Bill). They love her almost as much as I do, after only ten days since I, Izzy and they first met her.

Izzy is a wonderful dog - a worthy successor to my fabulous Penne.



 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"