Oh Lucky's Man ( I am not so sure)



Lucky's Market is a Colorado rooted company which recently opened a store in Sarasota, with trumpet fanfares and a Military Guard of Honour.

Here is their tale.

https://www.luckysmarket.com/about-us/history/

I was in the area of the new Lucky's Market today, so I stopped in.

I was underwhelmed. The store is almost as messy as our local three store  Detwiller's Farm Markets.

The prices were not great.

( I was pleased to see that most of the produce was not pre-packaged on styrofoam trays or sealed in plastic bags)


Unless I am missing something I'll stick with Trader Joe's.



CAVEAT 1.  I have a number of friends named Joe, but not a single one named Lucky!


CAVEAT 2.  Lucky's Market is the one Supermarket I know at which you can by a slice or two of Pizza, and some Beer to consume as you shop.  The shopping carts have cup-holders!

What a cunning plan to keep you in the store for an extended time.


CAVEAT 3 . Lucky's, Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's etc are the luxuries for those of us who live in upscale Urban areas. Rural Americans may perchance have an IGA  or a Piggly-Wiggly in a nearby town or township.













https://www.iga.com/about.aspx


https://www.pigglywiggly.com/about-us



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.   ***   (I lied about the fanfares  and the Guard of Honour)).

( I was in the area to use a Bureau De Change at the Siesta Mall.  It's at the concierge desk  (use entrance by Talbots).

Sarasota friends note that there is a Bureau at this Mall, and also at the University Town Abomination Mall.

( stock photo', not one of the local Bureaus)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"