Chris Mazdzer rocks, and my sudden interest in the 2018 Winter Olympics. (and a Baptism!)



Chris Mazdzer won the Silver Medal for the Men's Single Luge in the 2018 Winter Olympics in Korea, a fabulous achievement.

I am not a great fan of sports so it took a while before I realised that I know Chris's parents.

They (Dr. Ed Mazdzer and Marty Lawthers) were great and gracious parishioners when I was the Rector at St. Stephen's, Pittsfield MA.

Ed. a gentle and gracious man, was doing his residency (?) in Neurology  at the Berkshire Medical Centre.

Marty is  a brilliant, joyful, and wise woman who enhanced our Parish life.


We  were so sad for us and glad for them  when they  left Pittsfield so that Ed. could establish his practice in Plattsburgh, N.Y.

I am 99% certain that I baptised the future Olympic Champion at St. Stephen's Parish in Pittsfield.

I cannot remember the ceremony itself and I bet the same is true of Chris!

But I am so happy for Ed and Marty, and for Chris, his twin younger sisters, and his girl friend who are in Korea even as I write.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"