New Englanders - don't mess with us!



So I have a neighbour who wanders around with her dog, but is always on her 'phone, with the speaker on.

As I sat outside with my dog this afternoon I could not help but hear this.

"But they are all New Englanders.  When people from the mid-West move to California they become Californians"

But I am not into New Englanders.  They come here for the winter, but they are always New Englanders.  

I suppose that I should be grateful for the luxury of living in Florida".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear! I beg to differ.

1)  They are not all New Englanders: -  follow the road maps.

Here is I-75. 

I-75 is the seventh longest Interstate Highway, the second longest north-south after I-95, and passes through six different states: Florida, GeorgiaTennesseeKentuckyOhio, and Michigan. The major metropolitan areas that I-75 connects to includes (from south to north) Miami, TampaAtlantaCincinnati, and Detroit.

Most of the snow-birds in western Florida use I-75 and are  from the mid-west

Here is I-95.

 I-95 is the main Interstate Highway on the East Coast of the United States,[running largely parallel to the Atlantic Ocean coast and U.S. Highway 1, serving areas from Florida to Maine. In general, I-95 serves the major cities of the Eastern Seaboard and metropolitan areas such as MiamiJacksonvilleSavannahFayetteville, and Richmond in the Southeast; and Washington, D.C.BaltimoreWilmingtonPhiladelphiaNew York CityNew HavenProvidenceBoston, and Portland in the Mid-Atlantic up to the Northeast.

Most of the snow-birds in eastern Florida use I-95 and are from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and New England.

(2) As an honorary New Englander I assert that (generally speaking) people from Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut are the smartest and wisest of all Americans!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"