i used to be a neatness freak, yeah even house-proud.

When I was first on my own, living in Fitchburg, Chicopee and Pittsfield MA. I was fussiness incarnate around the home.

Don't spread this around, but in those days I would iron my sheets and my underwear (as well as those items which needed to be ironed).

On one of her visits my Mum saw me use a hand held to gather up bread crumbs from the dining room table.

She said that she had never before seen a dining table being vacuum cleaned!

Now in retirement (twelve years now) I have become utterly lax about cleaning, tidying etc.

I place "stuff" on my hall table, on my desk, on a card table in my bedroom, and on my dining room table  -  stuff which sits and gathers dust.

I look at the mess and say to  myself "I'll deal with that tomorrow".

In retirement "tomorrow" is a long way off!

But I attacked it with a vengeance today.

Here is a massive bunch of paper stuff that will be recycled next Thursday.



And in my utility room there is a plastic box labeled "Financial Stuff" .


I have not looked inside for more than twelve years!   It too must go.

After all, will my heirs and my executor  be truly pleased to review (for example) my J.C. Penney card records  from more than twenty years ago!

OUT WITH THE OLD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"