O Canada and then Eastward Ho!


We  moved on from Bellingham WA to Vancouver BC.

At the borders I declared my occupation as Ordinand (one who plans to be ordained) to the Canadian Immigration agent.  He was confused/bemused/amused.

We had enough time in Vancouver to visit Grouse Mountain and wander Gastown before getting a midnight 'bus to Calgary.  Of course we sat up front and as I think I have said before,  I refused to sleep a wink so that I could  enjoy the Rockies on a moon lit night.

I wrote in my journal of "the unutterable beauty of the Rockies with mountains, steams and lakes...........I wish that I had words to describe the beauty".


Mt. Revelstoke

Crowfoot Mountain and Glacier

And yes, we saw one of those l...o...n...g trains as it snaked its way through the mountain tunnels.



A home awaited us in Calgary.   We stayed with Marilyn D and her husband Dave.   Marilyn and I had attended the same Plymouth Brethren Assembly in Bristol U.K.





(l-r) jmp  (beard now grown), Marilyn and Ann in Calgary.

Once again we were blessed with excellent hospitality and good tour guides.  We saw a lot of Calgary including the touristic Heritage Park.

Dave and Marilyn drive us to Lake Louise 


We climbed through the mountains, passing Mirror Lake

------------------------------------------------------------



Lake Agnes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We stopped at the continental divide   "Stand in two provinces at once on the continental spine of western North America. At this location, the Divide separates two watersheds, two provinces, and two national parks"  (from an official Canadian website)

Oh the beauty,  oh the fresh air after stuffy 'buses,  and oh the fabulous steak barbecue which Dave cooked right near the Continental divide. 

Oh the glorious memories of our days in and around Calgary.

Stay tuned! 

Yet to come.  56 hours and  2,100 miles journey on the same 'bus - from Calgary to Toronto (where we stayed with Ann's good friends), and then even more miles as we went on to Marblehead/Boston MA and Alexandria VA





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"