It's Alma!



A few years ago Alma and her husband Benny opened a cafe in my nearby Sarasota Commons plaza ( 935 N Beneva Rd, Sarasota, FL 34232)

They named it "Alma's Kouzine"

They were in a unit which had never done well, but they changed all that.  It quickly became the default breakfast and lunch (and Friday/Saturday dinner) spot for me,  for many of my friends, and for at least eight of my family members who ate there with me on various and sundry visits from England.


The food was superb. Apart from that, Alma herself was the star. She made each and every guest feel right at home from the time their feet crossed the door line until they left, well fed and deeply happy.  This was not just a cafe -  it was a place of genuine hospitality.

Came the time that Benny and Alma moved their business to Venice (boo hoo for us) and renamed it "Joy's Kouzine". 

I've been down to Joy's Kouzine three or four times since their move and did so again today with my friend Ashley Lloyd. 

( Sarasota and St. Boniface Church friends - Ashley is Donna and Jack Chrisman's daughter).

We took Zion and ate outside.

Of course Alma and Benny remembered me,  and my family members.  Ashley was highly pleased with her lunch.  I had my old favourite - a savoury crepe called "Bon Curry". YUM TO THE MAX.

Alma's photo'  taken today (above) will give you some sense of her gift of joyful hospitality.

TRES BIEN!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"