Begin your New Year with beauty.









This beautiful photograph was posted by my very dear friends Derrick Jackson and Dr. Michelle Holmes for the New Year.   We grew to love and respect each other in Cambridge, MA 2000-2006.

It is my honour to share it with you.

Michelle is a breast cancer researcher at Harvard Medical School, a valued truth-teller, and an Appalachian Trail walker.

Derrick is a storied newspaper columnist, a skilled photographer -  I have four of his signed and framed photo's on my walls -  

(1) Nelson Mandela receiving an honorary Doctorate at Harvard;.

(2) Barack Obama in Chicago the night he was elected President when we had hope, and a truth telling future Chief Executive,

(3) Half Dome at Yosemite


(4)  A red shouldered Hawk taken at Myakka River State Park when Derrick visited me in SRQ

Derrick is also the photographer for the restoration of Puffins to a Maine Island.


ttps://yalebooks.yale.edu/book/9780300204810/project-puffin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friendship with Michelle and Derrick is making me a better person.

I look forward to seeing them next March when we'll be together in Austin, TX to celebrate the marriage of their younger son Tano to his beloved Clarissa.

--------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile -  Happy New Year and rejoice in Derrick's Hog Island photo.


Derrick

Michelle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"