Good night Irene

My beloved and sole surviving aunt,  Irene Finch passed from this life on 1st December 2018 at aged 93.  I have known her for all of my life.  She was always my favourite aunt.

Her funeral services were held 18th Dec 2018 in Bristol, U.K.





I could not be there.  So I had my own personal, prayerful  and private remembrances of her in my home at the same time as her funeral in Bristol.




She'd requested that instead of wreaths or sprays of flowers each mourner would bring a single flower to be placed on the Church altar table.  It's hard to buy just one flower so I chose this simple orchid.  Irene once gave me the model VW car, for I had at one time owned such a car.

I spent some time thinking about Irene and some of  the times we had been together in the U.K. or in the U.S.A., a kind of silent eulogy.

She had also requested that "How Great Thou Art" be sung at the Church service, and that "Goodnight Irene"  be played at the end of the celebration of her life.

https://youtu.be/dsrEscUUNMA     (How great Thou art)


https://youtu.be/YvNavReXi7U                                     (Irene goodnight)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"