Such appalling ingnorance



When I saw my letter carrier today we reminded each other that there would be no postal delivery on Monday 14th Oct 2019. because it  is a public holiday,   (officially called Columbus Day).

The good letter carrier added "but we can't call it Columbus Day any more,  because about one hundred and fifty years ago,   Christopher Columbus did or said something which was bad".


SUCH UTTERLY APPALLING IGNORANCE 

I HAD TO SET HIM STRAIGHT?

1.  "In Fourteen Hundred and Ninety Two, Columbus sailed the Ocean Blue"  not "about one hundred and fifty years ago"

2Despite  what my letter carrier said, the official name of the Public Holiday is still named Columbus Day.  It should be otherwise (more tomorrow).  

But for now, how sad it is that my letter carrier dated the European invasion of north, central and south America to about 150 years ago; and that "apparently Christopher Columbus said or did something bad









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"