Of Chicken Nuggets and Bare feet.


He stood outside my local 7/11 store, all bare footed as he was.



He moved to the door and opened it for me.

I thanked him.

He followed me into the store and began to look at the various "food" offerings:



One of the store clerks/cashiers announced to all and sundry,  in a loud and seemingly hostile and scornful tone,   "he doesn't have any money".

The Clerk/Cashier had  the right information, but the wrong tone.

I sidled up to the barefoot man and handed him a few bucks.Now he did have some money to buy some 7/11 fast food


It was not because I am especially gracious or compassionate to street corner panhandlers.  

It was because the store clerk's "attitude" bothered  me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"