Did I have a previous life?








My good friend and parishioner at St. Stephen's, Pittsfield, MA  Dr. Bill Travis is a keen fisherman.   He found this photo' taken at Cill Rónáin pier, Inis Mór, Aran Islands, Co. Galway, Ireland. 1940. 

Bill suggests that the fisherman on the left is my 1940 doppelganger!

I don't think that it's me in a previous life, since the photo' was taken in 1940 and I was born in 1944.  Besides which, I don't believe in previous lives.

On another note

This morning I again saw the woman who is grieving the loss of her dog.  I remembered her name and hailed her across the pond at Arlington Park.  She remembered my name and Zion's name and hailed us back.

I waited for her in the parking lot.  She told me that today she had made three 1/2 mile laps around the park without shedding tears.  But when we chatted in the parking lot she began to weep again.

They were good tears; healing tears.

She said that our conversation yesterday had "made her day".  It's not that I said much, but that I understood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"