Out of the Fishbowl. Into the Fishing Harbour.

 Sarasota can sometimes feel a bit confining.  It's almost as if the general populace is saying  "why go anywhere else, we have all that life needs here".


My friend Ashley L moved here from Virginia a few years ago to take care of her parents.   They live in a gated community where nothing (apart from the squabbles which sometimes break out in deed restricted communities) ever happens.

So she and I decided to break out of our respective fish bowls by taking a trip to Cortez, FL.

Cortez is the only fishing port on this part of the Gulf of Mexico.  It's a wee bit scruffy, as ports are wont to be, but there is a good buzz in the air.   I've been there a couple of times. This was Ashley's first visit.   We had (as the English might say) "a jolly good time".



Star Fish Co (and cafe)


Fisherman statue  (with mask of course).



Looking out at the Habour



My grub. Fries, fish hush puppies, and  FRIED OYSTERS!  I like oysters on the half shell. I like oyster stew even more.  But these batter fried Gulf oysters were a yum, yum treat.  SO GOOD

The out side tables were arranged in a fine social distancing pattern. Every single client was be-masked until it came time to eat.

But duh oh duh I couldn't find my mask after we had eaten.  I rummaged through every pocket.   How could I have lost it?

I hadn't.   Ashley pointed out where it had been all the way through lunch.

DUH AGAIN!



How long will it be before I am not allowed out of the house unaccompanied?









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"