Cooking Binge to Ameliorate the Frustration and Boredom of COVID Days; and Self Interest at Work.



Today I made Crab Cakes.


One for me, three for friends. Ready to be taken out of the ramekins and then cooked.

And Potato, Leek, and Cheese Soup
 


Some for me, some to share.

I share not of course because I am deeply altruistic; but because my self interest is served as I cook and share.

The most effective charitable appeals are those which appeal first to the self interest of the potential donor.  Altruism may or may not follow.

This is  why I cook all manner of dishes for my pals.  The preparation, the cooking and the sharing make me feel good.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"