A Great Start to Monday 25th Jan 2021 too.(Church stuff)

 Faithful readers will have noted my post about my great start to the day on Sunday 24th:-

https://jmichaelpovey-retiredpoveinsarasota.blogspot.com/2021/01/sunday-24th-january-2021-great-start-to.html


Today I also had a great start, but in a different way.  As I browsed the internet early this morning I happened upon a wonderful video of a German hymn. 

English speaking Christians will know the words and the tune from a fairly well known hymn,  "Holy God we praise Thy name".  In truth the hymn is a paraphrase (by a German Catholic Priest) of the ancient Christian text called the "Te Deum".  

You'd have to be an Anglican/Episcopalian of my vintage to remember when we sang or said  the Te Deum as a part of the now almost dead service of Morning Prayer.

That aside, Anglicans, Lutherans and Protestants often sing "Holy God we praise Thy name" at a dirgy pace.

Back to this morning.  I was stirred and energised at the start of the day when I came across this more original German version; with orchestra, choir and congregation.


https://youtu.be/8yLZnM2KFkY


The marvelous tune has been my very much welcomed ear worm of the day. You do not have to be religious in order to appreciate the stirring tune.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"