SEARCH ENGINES Blah and #@*?#@



 I went on line the other day to search for vendors of Pink Flamingo Garden Ornaments.  I thought that a couple of then on my front lawn would enhance the neighbourhood

I tried both Google and Yahoo and was presented with the following leads:

Ten best Pink Flamingo dealers in Sarasota; twenty best Pink Flamingo retailers; fifteen best mail order Pink Flamingo sources.

I made up the story of wanting Pink Flamingos, but you know how search engines go  -  aargh.

In truth I was searching for a window cleaner a couple of weeks ago  and had to wade through the many "best" lists  (including one, I kid you not, which proffered the thirty best, which must be every window cleaner in the City. 

Away from the lists I found a window cleaner who promised to come last Wednesday.  It rained all Wednesday morning, and again on Thursday, so I was not surprised that he was a no show.

He has not called to re-schedule. I foolishly neglected to note his name and number so I cannot call him again without wading through hordes of search engine listings.  Maybe he too put my name and address on his calendar, but not my 'phone number.

BRING BACK THE YELLOW PAGES




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"