When My Friend the Revd. C.R. Lewis (Bob) died....

.. his friend, executor, and health care proxy Mike R invited me to take whatever I needed or liked from Bob's rooms at Discovery Village in Bradenton FL.

I did not need them but I took his cigarettes, to share with my pal Ashley. 

I also found something which I did not need, but wanted.

 g
Titled  "Effort", it appears to be a carefully framed cutting from a newspaper; date and place unknown.

It hung in the guest bathroom of the Glen Oaks Manor home which Bob and his partner Keith shared.

After Keith's death; when Bob moved to Discovery Village at Sarasota Bay, he (Bob) had it hung in the bathroom in his Memory Unit Apartment.

Now it is mine!

It's never ceased to amuse me. "If at first you don't succeed; Try Again"    We seniors understand,  A word for the aging! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"