My ditties

After seeing Manatees at Apollo Beach

I wish I were a Manatee
Decked out in lovely gray.
If I could be a Manatee
My cares would wash away
Down through the channel, cross the beach, out to the ocean blue.
If I could be a Manatee, then you could be one too.


After a Mexican Dinner at St. Boniface Church

Mexican Hats were the table centre-pieces. My table companion Adrien Swain writes ditties, and he and I wondered if we could each write one including the words "Mexican Hats". This is my effort.


I’ve seen Mexican mats, and
Mexican cats,
and Mexican hats by the score.
But none can compare
with the Mexican fare.
at St. Boniface Church near
the shore.


Reflecting on one of my character defects.

He proffered advice, whether wanted or not.
That people have minds he often forgot.
He spewed forth opinions
By the thousands and millions.
Which mostly were sheer "tommy rot".


----------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"