Friendship is good

My good friend Betsy Pusey of Pittsfield was here for the long weekend between Thursday last and today (Dec 10th).

We had a blast and a ball!

Betsy arrived on Thursday evening and we prattled and enjoyed beverages until about mid-night.

Friday morning saw us prattling again over coffee and toast until we hoved off to my bowling group. There I bowled (dismally); Betsy visited with the folks she had met last year; and one and all nibbled on chicken wings and pizza provided by Marie to celebrate Ann’s birthday.

After bowling Betsy joined the others at “Findaddys” (bar) for libations, whilst I rested and farted around at home.

At about 8:00 I broiled the most delicious T Bone steak, which we shared, with no veggies, potatoes or salad. Just steak!

On Saturday Bets and I went down to Sarasota’s North Lido Beach and swam in the 70 F water - my first time in the Gulf of Mexico since I moved here. Wonderful!

http://www.4sarasota.com/lidokey/beach.html


In the evening I hosted a party for two birthdays - for Betsy and for my friend Bob. 10 of us enjoyed slices from a spiral ham, baked beans, and cold pasta salad. And we laughed, joked and got silly all evening. Betsy had been here last year for her birthday, so we decided that this was her second annual birthday bash in Sarasota.

Emboldened by my swim on Saturday I took Betsy to the very wonderful Fort DeSoto County Park in Pinellas County, about 75 minutes drive from here. What a treat. This approx. 1000 acre county park is an unspoiled gem, with wonderful bird life and fabulous beaches. Again we swam in the Gulf. Yes we swam on December 9th!

http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/05_Ft_DeSoto.html



Back home we had more steak, this time with pasta and baked beans, and then went to the Christmas concert of the Gay Men’s Chorus. Bruce Wirtz sang in this group, and the concert was dedicated to his memory.

I took Bets back to Tampa Airport today, and we parted - each glowing, but with tears in our eyes after a most wonderful weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"